Thursday, March 18, 2010

you take my breath away

It always seems I'm in more of a writing mood at...3 or 4 in the morning. I think it's because I'm never doing anything at this time. I'm usually sleeping or procrastinating homework, or awake because I just finished my homework and if I do go to sleep I won't wake up for class on time. That's why I'm awake right now. Because I need to be awake for class by 9, preferably at 8:30. When I finished my first homework assignment it was 2:30, that would have left me six hours of sleep. Believe me, being the heavy sleeper I am, I would not have woke up for class, and if I did wake up, I'd fall back to sleep within seconds. So, I shall suffer through the day tired, but surviving and head to sleep early tonight.

I still have to write a paper about a short story I read earlier. That's due in my 9:30 class. It's easy enough though, basically pick a theme from the story (sidenote: Stacy's Mom just came on Itunes...good classic song...yes, classic) and write on it, using examples from the text. I'll get it done. That's why I'm allowing myself to procrastinate so much.

So lately what's been coming to mind for me is what I want from college. Yeah, I'm furthering my education and living away from home, trying to be adult, be more responsible. But, after four years, when I graduate, I don't really know what to expect. I can honestly say I'm frightened of the future. It's strange how a few years ago I just wanted to grow up and be done with high school. Now I miss high school. I wanted college so badly...and it's not as great as I built it up to be. Yes, it's college- there's homework, but you can do it on your own time, you get to choose your classes very specifically and at what time you'd like them, there are parties (though I do not partake in these whatsoever), and I'm away from home. But it's just... it's still school. And after I graduate with a degree (in hopefully Creative Writing), what's gonna happen? It's tough. I really don't know what I'm going to do if I can't sell a book. It'd destroy me and I'd be left with a dream shattered. Sure, I'll still be young, but I'd need some way to support myself, some type of job until writing worked out. I hope I get lucky and land something big.

My Ipod Touch is up in my room. I just thought of it because I wanted to check the weather for today. Then I'd just look at what the weather's like in Reykjavik, Iceland, just because it interests me.

Well, I'm gonna finish this paper, shower, get ready for breakfast, then get to class. Blogging off...that was awful. I'm not gonna bother with signing off ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment