Friday, April 23, 2010

we will stand on solid ground

I'm not much for philosophical things. I can't write or speak like Aristotle or Kant or Dostoyevsky. I can't tell stories like Poe or Salinger, Twain or Vonnegut, whether I've been referred to as the next Vonnegut or not (and I have actually been called as such, but I politely disagree with this comparison). I can't paint you a portrait. I'm no Da Vinci, Dali, Picasso, or Klimt. I don't know the stars, I don't really know anything about the galaxies and universes except that there are stars, planets, moons, and black holes. Maybe I know more, but I could never compare in interstellar knowledge to NASA. I'm not much for athletics. I'm no Griffey, Gretzky, Montana, or Phelps. I'm not a king, a prince. I'm of no royal blood.

Simply, what I can offer to the world is trial and error. I can try writing and fail. Or I can succeed. It all depends on myself and society. I don't need to be famous or rich or anything. I don't care about finding anything important in this world. I know that what I've done thus far hasn't been much. I'm still trying though.

No comments:

Post a Comment